How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

Romans 10:14

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Update... Finally!

Hi all!

Welcome to 2015! Crazy that it's already 2015... We are so anxious to see what God is going to do this year! Not only in our family, but in our ministry here in Alaska, our home church, our supporting churches, and each of you!

Things are going well here in Dillingham. It has been getting colder, we are at about -5 right now. We have very little snow, but we have lots of ice on the ground still!

Community Baptist Church is doing great also! We've had alot of sickness and traveling this winter... but just this past Sunday we had 5 visitors! Also, last Sunday night we had 5 neighbor kids stop by the church after services and I got to talk to them for a while, and invite them to Sunday School! Hopefully they will get to come soon!

Phil's job is going good too. He's enjoying the regular schedule and being able to plan things for this summer! He's also gotten to fill in the pulpit for Bro Abrams alot with him traveling. He really enjoys getting the opportunity to preach!

Baker is loving school... he does great with reading and counts to 100 now! He's growing so much that we had to call Meemee and ask her to send him some jeans! He outgrew all the ones he had! He seems to be growing so fast. He loves all his friends at school, and gets so excited to see them around the village. Phil and I both comment alot that we are known around as "Bakers Mom, or Bakers Dad" :) We have really gotten to know alot of people just through Baker going to school!

Katie Rae is... our onery child :) She is doing good, but misses Meemee and Pawpaw. She misses playing with cousins... but having some babysitting kids here for her to play with has helped too! She's growing like crazy too. I really thing she has added inches... her hair is growing alot too, which she is so excited about. She wants a braid :) We are thinking about letting her take some preschool classes soon, which she is ecstatic about!

Elliott is walking everywhere, and trying to run... which makes life really interesting! He's such a good baby, and loves to be tickled and have people on the floor to play with! He has just started liking to be read to, he'll get a book and bring it to you for you to read to him :) It's adorable. He also could live on gogurts... :) He's wearing 24 mo-2t clothes... at 15 months!

I (Emily) am doing well also! I have started going to an exercise class in town, at the elementary school gym... it has been nice to meet new people and get moving more! Hoping the Lord will give me grace and patience as I try to lose some weight... So needless to say, I have stopped baking :) Trying to enjoy my children and the friends that God has given me here! One of my "breaks" is grocery shopping... or at least browsing :) Big news for me, is that Phil got me tickets to Anchorage on February 19th! I get to stay 4 full days! He is keeping the kids, and I get to go enjoy some "city" and shopping... I play on browsing every store I can! Also, sushi is in there somewhere! I have a friend to stay with too!


Thank you for praying for our family... hope you enjoyed this little update! I'm going to do another post with pictures!

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment